Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Fearsome and the Meek...

Hola!

Today we will be covering Thursday and Friday, Days 16 and 17 of my trek of Costa Rica.

I had a terrible day on Day 16. It all started when I first woke up in the morning.
 I turned over and looked outside my window. Behold, there was a huge humongous 
spider on the window. I literally freaked out. What a horrible way to wake up first 
thing in the morning… before my first cup of tea,...uggh!!

I was glad to see that the spider was on the outside of my window.
 Still, I was still freaking out over it.Way too close to my bedroom! I literally dragged
 Tammy away from the kitchen to see this spider to prove that it really was big. 
She's like “you are weird, you are not afraid of snakes but you are of spiders.” 
I'm telling you, this one is BIG!! Later Jesus removed the spider for me, I was relieved!! 

I am having a sick day (literally). Tammy thinks the spider caused the Migraine. 
I forgot to bring my migraine medicine. So here I am resting in bed. Tammy 
dropped off pile of clothes on me to fold while I was in bed. I manged to fold the 
clothes without moving my head. Not a good day for me and my migraine.

Day 17
The storm is moving away later in the morning. Tammy said it rained so hard
 last night that it kept them up during the middle of the nght. Me… I slept like a log. 
There are good things in having a hearing loss. I don't hear the rain or thunder to 
wake me up nor the rooster crowing in the morning. I sleep very well thru the night.

We are making “Challah” bread for Sabbath. 

I am braiding the bread. It's quite easy to do.

 I am putting butter on the “Challah” bread and ready to bake in the oven. 
We will use this bread for Sabbath service tonight.

Here is Christopher on his horse. Doesn't he look good in his hat?! 
He is a handsome young fella. He is a true farmer; works hard on the farm. 
He takes great care of the animals on the farm. 

Tammy on her horse. Tammy has always had love for horses ever since she was a small child. 
Now it's their main transportation on the Mountain.

Tammy, Jesus, and Christopher are heading down to the river, across the rickety 
walk bridge to pickup their car. It was in the shop. They are going to get Luis from
 the hospital. He was in a very bad motorcycle accident. He is ready to leave the
 hospital. It is not possible for him to get on a bus to get home with his leg injury. 
So Jesus went to pick him up to go home.

 Here is Luis's leg. He has pins in his right leg and broke a couple of toes on his left foot.


A baby lamb was born this afternoon. It is such a precious sight to see a new baby 
being born next to the house. Soo adorable. I got to hold the lamb the next day
 (not even 24 hrs old yet). She was soo soft and such an adorable little thing!!
 The Mama sheep didn't mind me holding the lamb.

Friday sunset to Saturday sunset is Sabbath for Tammy and her family. Since Tammy
and Jesus are away at this time, Christian will lead the Sabbath service tonight.
No blog during this time out of respect for the family during their time of Sabbath.

End of the 16th and 17 days of my trek of Costa Rica. Please continue to pray for
 my well being while I am still here in Costa Rica. May the Lord Jesus continue 
to bless me and I enjoy bringing you the joys of seeing my journey of Costa Rica.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment