Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blessings of the Field...

Hola!

Here we are on Tuesday, Day 21 of my trek in Costa Rica. Today is an exciting day,
  I have been given the honor of having one of their sheep killed for meat.

Jesus and his knives, getting ready to kill a ram. 

Jesus killed the ram and is bringing it to a area to be skinned and cut into pieces.

Christopher and Jesus working on skinning the ram.

All the outer fur of the ram is off now. It's time to cut it into pieces.

Jesus working on cutting the meat into small pieces.

Tammy is rubbing a combination of salt and garlic into the meat.

The end pieces of the ram is ground down into ground meat. 
Check out the hand held grinder. Christopher ground the meat by hand.
What a good workout for Christopher!
We had lamb for dinner that night. It was very delicious!!

Like my new hat? Do I look good in it??

This afternoon we went to visit the cattle and calves. The mama cow(named Moodini) 
has humungous horns. A little too scary for me to be that close to them. 
One of them is not too nice, I literally stood behind Tammy when they arrived into the stall area.

This little calf is Simcha. She loves me scratching her face.

Simcha rubbed her face into my face. Soo cute!

This calf is named Buttercup. She is a friendly little babe. There is another calf but 
she is really skitterish, she won't come near me. Poor thing! The other two were 
very nice and friendly. They will grow big with humungous horns just like their Mamas'.

Ohh, I almost forgot, another unexpected surprise, a baby lamb was born on
 Sunday afternoon. I couldn't hold the baby lamb until few days later because
 the mama sheep was very skitterish due to being a new mommy.

It was an exciting day for Day 21 of my trek in Costa Rica.
More to come of my journey of Costa Rica. I am enjoying being here and I am 
feeling much better than when I first got here. God has really blessed us all 
while I am here visiting. Keep praying for well being and safety of my stay here.

Thank you...
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment