Thursday, July 9, 2015

Primer Dia... Day One...

Pura Vida! I finally arrived to San Jose, Costa Rica on Thursday July 2nd
It took me 5 hours of flying with a one hr. layover in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 
When I saw Tammy I started to get emotional because I was very happy to see Tammy again. We went off to Walmart in San Jose to pick up few things. Afterwards we hit the road to go home. It only takes 5 hours to get home from San Jose. Total hours of traveling for me is 10 hours. I was very tired at the end.

 Tammy didn't tell me that they had a really bad storm that caused a lot of mudslides and closed roads. I saw lots of streets with plowed mud to the side of the streets. Lots of branches on the side of the road as well. God was gracious to us allowing us to have beautiful weather traveling home to the East side of Costa Rica. (P.S San Jose is on the West side of Costa Rica)

We traveled 3 hours and decided to stop over at a Motel with a restaurant attached to it. It is a beautiful place to visit. Its like a very modern cottage. There were several cottages at this place. We Americans think of it as a cottage, but to them it's a motel. We spent one night there. 


Here we are at the restaurant that is attached to the cottages.
 I had my first dinner outside at this place. Great food and great people there.

Tammy and I are deciding what to eat. It was written in Spanish. 
I was like “What???” I can't read Spanish! 
Tammy explained that English is underneath of what the entree is. I was glad to see that. 

 
I found my FAVORITE drink in Costa Rica, Pineapple Smoothie!! Yummy!!!

We laughed and laughed at the table. The host of the restaurant thought I 
had a affectionate smile and laugh. I thought that was nice. 
I was very happy to be here.

 
Look! HUGE beetle. The beetle is so big that its fits
 the size of my handle of the cane. Humongous!!!

End of my first day here in Costa Rica. More to come, on this everyday journal.
Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment