Tuesday, July 14, 2015

His gentle voice...

Hola!

Today is Sunday, Day 12 of my trek of Costa Rica.

Today is my day of Reflection of Lord Jesus Christ.
 I will share what the Lord has spoken to me thru his word and share my thoughts on it.

1 Kings 19: 11-13
“ The Lord said, “ Go out and stand on the Mountain in the presence of the Lord,
 for the Lord is about to pass by. Then a great and powerful wind tore the Mountain
 apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. 
After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 
After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. 
And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak
 over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. 
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah.”

What a great place to be here on the Mountain to listen to God's voice. 
I have always felt close to God when I am in the Mountains. I have learned to 
quiet my mind and listen to to the quiet voice of God speaking to me. 
At first it was hard to calm down my mind and be still before the Lord. 
Once I learned to calm down my mind I was able to focus and listen to what 
the Lord is trying to speak to me. Just like Elijah, he had to wait and focus to 
hear when the Lord is speaking to him. God is not of loud, fearful sounds but of a gentle voice.
 It is much more peaceful for me when I am in God's presence
 when my mind is quiet and being still before Him.

Tammy constantly put her hand out as saying, Wait, just wait”. She does this often to me every day.

Today I learned to make cheese. Cheese is very expensive to buy here in Costa Rica. 
The Lord has blessed Tammy with cow's milk to make cheese in her home.


 Tammy added the tablet of “Rennet” to the cows' milk at room temperature. 
Then we wait for about an hour.

When it has thickens, Tammy had me put my hand/arms into the cows' milk
 and stir the thickened milk then separate the solid from the liquid
 then spread out the cheese inside of a pot.


When the solid cheese is done in the pot, it is put into cheese spread box with cheese cloth.

Afterwards we put the box onto the arm of the Cheese press and press
down the box with rocks (big rocks) in a bag that holds the 
lever and it begins to press down the cheese. 
Wait several hours then cut it up into cheese blocks—ready to eat.

Tammy sells them to the neighbors in the area. 
Next day she will make another cheese for her own family. I love the cheese, Yummy!

Here are few fruits and a root vegetable: left is a miniature pineapple, sweet potato,
  passion fruit, mango and papaya in the background. All from the farm in the back yard.

End of Day 11 of my journey of costa Rica. 
 Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment