Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Adventure Continues...

Hola!

Now it is Thursday-Saturday, days 30-32 of my trek in Costa Rica.

Here is Scooby in a cardboard box. Isn't he cute? Scooby is getting attached to me. 
He runs to me every time I go outside. All the dogs are outside dogs here on the farm.
 For some reason people don't really talk to their dogs like we do back home. We think 
of them as pets back home, but here they think of them as guard dogs… they don't talk to them.
 I talk to these dogs here. The dogs love me talking to them. I can't help it, I love all dogs.

Tammy and I made mini bread to go with the main entree for tonight… Yummy!! 


Tammy and I made roasted garlic white bean hummus.

Today we hoped to go to the valley and visit people. We stopped at Belinda's house
 on the way down the Mountain. This is Tammy, Belinda and I on her beautiful porch. 
\They just built it in past year. Remember the houses here are quite small. 
So people spend most of their day outside of the house.

Here is a really good pic of Jesus relaxing on Belinda's porch.

The sky started to look greyish and cloudy so we decided to leave for the valley before it rains. 
As we were heading down the Mountain, we came to the river and discovered 
that the machine was blocking the road to the river. We were disappointed that we 
couldn't cross the river. Sadly we turned around and headed back home up the Mountain.


Here is something for you to experience what it is like to ride up the Mountain. 
We got stuck on the way up and Jesus had to go backwards then go forward trying to
 get ahead on the dirt road to get home. Like I said, “Roller Coaster ride.” Enjoy the video.

Thursday night Christian, Christopher and I played a board game.
 It is called, “Ticket to Ride, Europe”. It was quite an interesting game of trains.
 I enjoyed playing the game with the boys.

I now have a roommate in my room. It's quite a small roommate, Gecko. 
I allowed him to stay there so he can eat all the spiders around the room. 
I was happy to have him in my room.

Friday morning I woke up and it was very very cold. I didn't bring anything warm to Costa Rica. 
Who would've thought that it gets cold down here in a tropical rainforest country!!
 I had to borrow a sweatshirt and a blanket to stay warm.

Beautiful day here on the farm. Clear blue sky. I discovered something. If you look closely
 in the picture, you can see another Mountain in the faded area. I didn't know that
 there was another Mountain behind the one we can see. Most of the days were cloudy 
so I couldn't see it until today. It was an absolutely beautiful scenery from the horizon.

Saturday afternoon Tammy and I went for a walk on other side of the Bodega. 
This is a nice picture of Tammy and I.

Here I am with a walking stick. I was very grateful to have a walking stick.
 It really helps me with the ground on a slope.

Beautiful picture on the walk.


There was a large crevice in the ground. I wasn't sure I would be able to cross over it. 
So Jesus and Christopher helped me cross the crevice. 

On the way back, behind the bodega there is a giant boulder.
 I decided to try to climb up on it.

I made it on the bouder! Yeah!!!!

Another picture of me on the boulder.

Here is a good picture of Christian.

Here is one of Christopher playing a game on computer. 

Here is a sweet picture of the new Lamb. She is soo cute!

End of my days 30-32 of my journey in Costa Rica. I now have less than 2 weeks left
 of my trek here in Costa Rica. I am looking forward to seeing my family again and my dog
Copper. Oh I really miss my dog! I decided that I am not leaving my dog behind when I 
go on another trip in the future. The dog is going to stay with me from now on. 
On this trip I realized how much I needed to have a service dog with me. 
The service dog really does helps me tremendously.

Hopefully sometime next week if there is good weather we want to go down
 to the valley and visit people down there. We need at least 2 good days of
 good weather to dry the roads on the Mountain in order to drive down to the valley. 
I am looking forward to meet the people in the valley.

I hope you all are enjoying the blog. Soon I will add more to the blog. 
Adios(good bye) and good day my family and friends.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. I am so enjoying your blog posts👍❤️❤️Looks like a miraculous time! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

    ReplyDelete